What are we looking for?
The Academy for Digital Entertainment is seeking a lecturer highly skilled and interested in using human computer interaction technology and insights within the entertainment industry.
You are responsible for teaching and supervising students at bachelor and master level and conducting practice-based research within the domain of usability and human computer interaction (HCI). Classes vary from 30 towards 220 students. Example courses:
mobile app development, statistics, web development and media technology. In doing so you will help companies and knowledge institutes within the creative industries to implement and make use of research results that derive from using HCI technologies and design principles, especially within the domains of media, game, pervasive computing, virtual reality and mobile/ wearable development. You will help acquire and set up funded research projects and publications in the field mentioned above. The research and teaching ratio depends on the success of acquired (government or company) funded research.
- Master (required);
- Experienced in HCI research methods and technologies;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in speech and in writing;
- Able to cross borders between technology and research;
- Able to act as a project manager when it concerns the HCI research;
- Teaching experience in higher professional education is preferred;
- If needed you are willing to follow training in didactical skills;
- Industry or academic research experience required, within the media or entertainment Industry is preferred;
- Entrepreneurship or technology management experience is preferred
- Required technical skills which range from JQuery, Bootstrap to PHP5.
- Experience in developing hybrid or Native apps for Android is a plus
What do we offer you?
We offer a position within the most experienced international entertainment development team in the country. The research education can connect to and benefit from several funded research projects in which research tools (such as 3d glasses), research data derived from these projects and lab facilities (such as biometric research tools, CAVE) are available. We have an attractive and friendly working environment and you will be working with a group of enthusiastic students and motivated lecturers that vary in research experience (PhD, industry and/ or educational experience). You have the possibility to work on your own projects (together with students).
- Top ranked applied University
- Enthusiastic colleagues and students from around the world
- Staff with educational and Industry experience
- A culture that is academic as well as industry oriented
- An academy that invests in new media-, game- and research facilities
- An environment that embraces learning and with an international focus
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this position will be at scale 11 ( € 3392.46 - € 4661.12) gross (full-time).
CAO-HBO (Collective Labour Agreement), You will get a fixed annual benefit of 8.3%. Apart from this, NHTV University of Applied Sciences offers you an 8% holiday allowance, a compensation for your Health Insurance. NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences is used to offer help and experienced in organization and facilities for costs of relocation and settling-in in the Netherlands. Dutch Tax authorities may offer tax reduction to applicants from abroad (which makes tax rates comparable to the UK and US).
We would like to invite you to apply via the online application form, for which the link is provided on this page. If you already have an account in our Talent pool, you can log in and apply to this position directly. The information in your profile will be used for your application which saves you time filing your application. In case of equal employability, internal candidates are given preference. Please apply before May 8th, 2018. More information about the University can be found at www.nhtv.nl, the Academy for Digital Entertainment can be visited at www.nhtv.nl/made. A brochure of the courses delivered can be downloaded from our NHTV site.